Operating Systems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newkidpc's, May 7, 2004.

1. newkidpc's

newkidpc's

Hey im a new timer i was wondering what other types of operating systems there are and are they faster and as simple to use like the common windows?

2. bailey

bailey

good one
    common windows
    I am not sure of what you call a common windows
    there is nothing common about them.

but in my opinion I belive that xp-home and pro are the best of the bunch with w2k comming in srcond.

mind you they all require some study to learn how they work and to be able to use them effenchtly.

3. TeenPcknowit

TeenPcknowit

I prefer windows 2000 for networking and internet. Xp Pro, or home for games. And windows 98 for FORTRAN, C, HTML, and all PC languages (True dos rocks.)

4. edfair

edfair

faster and as simple to use? The simpler they are to use, the more bloated they become forcing faster hardware and more memory to accomplish anyting in a reasonable amount of time. And when they break it takes an inordinate amount of time to fix them.
    Depends on what you are going to do. There are applications where DOS is called for. Some for win3.1, some for 95, some for 98, some for NT or followons, and some for the apple stuff. And some for Unix or variants. there are probably a dozen or so more that will run on different hardware.
    Name your preferred version of S&M and somebody here will be able to help you accomplish it.

5. Jaggannath

Jaggannath Gremlin Overlord

Why not put this question in the Software section headed by Alternative OS's?? That way you'll be targeting the people whose interest lies therein