Nvidia drivers!

Discussion in 'Gaming and Benchmarks' started by GothicGhost, May 3, 2007.

1. GothicGhost

GothicGhost

Hi all.

Ok when i my BFG 7800 GS OC AGP card the drivers that came with the disk gave me more FPS then the newer ones i downloaded from nvidia website?

But now as i am getting a 8800 BFG GTX card would be better to use the driver that come with the card like 7800 or get the newer ones?

I am not sure why i got better FPS with the older drivers that came with the disk then the newer ones.

2. Jester

Jester

the 8800 is a new card and has specific drivers that go with it. Use the drivers that come with the card.

3. pam123

pam123 Computing Professor Staff Member

Go over to the nVidia site and read the release notes that come with the latest drivers for your new card : http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/158.22/158.22_ForceWare_Release_Notes.pdf
    ( If you don't use XP the download the notes for Vista. ).

As for what happened with the 7900, speed isn't the only purpose of new drivers, though it's always nice, and not all driver updates work for everyone.
    I remember one set they released early last year that was just didn't work, it happens.

4. Darth Revan

Darth Revan

So to review-
    Use the ones that come with it first and if the don't work right go to the makes site a DL the latest?

5. tomster2300

tomster2300 I like monkeys

Yes, use the drivers from the included cd to get the video card working, but always check for updated ones from the manufacturer's website (well, Nvidia or ATI's websites at least). Just make sure the driver's release notes state improvements that are pertinent to your specific model of card. The newest updated drivers for the 8800 GTS probably won't do jack for your 6800 Ultra. (Actually in that case they probably wouldn't even work, but it's the concept that's important).

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  6. wolfie

wolfie

7. GothicGhost

GothicGhost

cheers for the info guys.

i will check out that link and drivers when my new 8800 comes thanks wolfie