Nokia 6310i

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fatboyjim, Oct 18, 2002.

1. fatboyjim

fatboyjim

Looking at this phone, but no mention of any way of adding ringtones to the 35 or so supplied?

Anybody know if it has a composer or the ability to add ringtones otherwise?

Thanks,

2. CorruptedSanitY

CorruptedSanitY

yep I own one of these mobiles.
    Great mobile. its tri band 1800~1900~800
    Works any where in the world using a GSM chip ( Cingular Wireless has this )

yeah you can add at least 7 ring tones.It does not have a composer ( u can compose from Logo Manager app ) it has Blue Tooth, IrDa (infrared) . Very cool phone. LiOn battery lasts me 2 nights and almost one whole day. !
    Where u plan on gettin it from ? the US? I dont think its available here..

3. fatboyjim

fatboyjim

My Dad got this phone from work yesterday.

I'm the one who teaches him how to use it :) but couldn't find any mention of a composer or in fact any way to add ringtones

Could you please explain? His laptop has infra-red if that's any help (but as for Nokia software, I doubt it)

Jim

4. CorruptedSanitY

CorruptedSanitY

fatboy...
    lol so cool huh ? laptop with built in IrDa
    is it a compaq? this is the one i got..

Ok nokia phone
    menu 10 ( irda) activate it..then hold it near the IRDA window
    u dont have to be so close it to lo.. 5 cm away is ok..
    ur pc should recognize it..
    your dad's cell comes with software which lets you do alot of things like compose songs..draw logo graphics which u upload to the phone and also send to any nokia via sms ( over the air )
    The nokia software is ok but limited..download Nokia Logo manager and buy it..well buy it then download it.. ( or which ever one suits u : x )
    its not hard...really straight forward...
    pm me if u have further Q's.. i would be glad to assist u.
    :)

5. fatboyjim

fatboyjim

Cheers,

I'll have a little go with it today hopefully

Just confirming: Use infrared on the mobile and let the laptop recognise it, then insert a CD that he should have got with the phone, yeah?

And it is a Compaq btw :)

Jim

6. fatboyjim

fatboyjim

No worries, I got it installed and sorted fine

It's all working now (InfraRed etc) and I can send graphics and ringtones to the phone no probs

Only thing is I'm no composer :) Where can I get ringtones in PC Composer format to download and put on the phone?

Same with graphics :)

<edit> same with the Java games :) </edit>

Thanks,

Jim

7. CorruptedSanitY

CorruptedSanitY

fatboy..where im from, every cell phone store has a nokia 9110i and/or a pc with every ring tone imaginable. You go in, ask for what you need and he sends it via IrDa or SMS msg. it costs around 3 or 2 $.
    Try online,lots of sites have ring tones that th ey send to u ( some are nto free ) and some provide you with little codes which youenter into Logo manager..

8. fatboyjim

fatboyjim

Have done so, brilliant (found midi files that can be loaded into the phone - cool)

However, I accidentally added the same ringtone twice to the phone (under two different names)

How do I go about deleting a ringtone from his phone?

Thanks,

Jim

PS. And (whoops) the laptop is Toshiba by the way, the old one (which broke) was Compaq

9. CorruptedSanitY

CorruptedSanitY

send another ringtone and save it over the one u dont want..

10. fatboyjim

fatboyjim

Save it over the one I don't want?

How do I do that exactly?

At the moment I send a ringtone and am asked if I want to save or discard. If I save it, it saves it and that's it. No choice of if I want to save it over another etc

Thanks,

Jim

11. CorruptedSanitY

CorruptedSanitY

fatboy.. Hmm well i dont rememebr how many ring tones u can upload to ur 6310i, but if im not mistaken its either 7 or 10. So when you fill up all the ring tones u can upload it will ask u to overwrite on any ring tone..I woulndt worry that much about it :)