No wireless interface enabled???

Discussion in 'Online Security' started by k8de1, Sep 1, 2006.

1. k8de1

k8de1

I've just bought an apple airport express base station so that I can play itunes through my stereo. I have never used a network nevermind a wireless one before. When I try to set it up I get this error message:

This computer has no wireless interface enabled or windows is not set up to manage wireless networks on this computer. If you have a wireless card installed, click cancel to quit this application, verify that the wireless interface is enabled and allow windows to configure wireless network settings on this computer. Otherwise click OK to continue and configure the base station using using Ethernet.

I don't know if I have a wireless card, I know that must sound dumb... so there's the problem.
    I could really use some help.

Thanks in advance.

Katie.

2. k8de1

k8de1

Ok, I think I'll answer this one for myself..... I guess I don't have a wireless network card afterall!!!!!!
    So, next question is - which card would you recommend?

Thanks
    Katie.

3. SpitFireV12RR

SpitFireV12RR

This is what my mom uses on her laptop. There are no deadspots throughtout our house, and you can even go on the porch with it. Thankfully, I don't need to worry about this stuff, sicne my is integrated.

4. rjfvillarosa

rjfvillarosa Moderator Staff Member

Can you tell us what computer you have? is it a store bought branded model or custom built?

5. k8de1

k8de1

It was custom built for me by a friend.

6. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

Why don't you just connect the line output of your sound card to your stereo with an adapter and set of patch cords?

7. k8de1

k8de1

I wanted to do it wirelessley to avoid having wires trailling all around the house.
    Anyway,
    I got a lynksys wireless card, installed it and all is working fine! The Airtunes is great, hours of happy listening to follow ;)