New to the site

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by birddog_61, Jan 24, 2011.

1. birddog_61

birddog_61

Hello everyone, my name is Blake and I just joined a few days ago. I was referred here by GLC from another forum, I am fairly new to computer building but am very interested in it, I built my first PC about 4 years ago and have been hooked ever since. I am 25 years old and have been married for 2 years now, we have our first child on the way so of course computer money is now getting cut down :D . I run a family business, we manufacture greyhound products and have been going since the early 90's. I just recently also started building computers in my spare time for other people, and I also do some computer repair and recovery. I just finished up my latest build about a month ago, my first gaming rig and I am already working on upgrading the GPU because I didn't go big enough. My rig consist of
    Case: Thermaltake v9 black edition
    Board: DP55wb
    Processor: I7-875k OC 4ghz
    Memory: Kingston ddr3 1333 8gb
    Graphics card: Asus GTS 450 Soon to be a GTX 560
    CPU cooler: Zerotherm core92
    HDD intel 40gb SSD, 2 Seagate 7200 rpm 1tb drives
    PSU: Coolmax CUG-950B Not sure about but performing well so far.
    Display: Panasonic 32" 1080p HDTV
    Gaming Mouse: Razer Lachesis

I bought the Board, Processor and SSD through intel's channel partner program as a package for around $275, I will probably upgrade the board but I figured I might as well get some use out of it. I love the EFI boot feature it has, it just doesn't offer much in the way of overclocking features. Anyway enough about me, I look forward to getting to know you guys better and to learn a thing or to.

2. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

Welcome, and I'm glad you found us. Sorry about your posts not showing up, but they got caught in our spam filter. I've approved this one and deleted the duplicate.

3. birddog_61

birddog_61

Thanks GLC, I posted it twice because I didn't see the message about it needing approval first. Also thanks for the site recommendation, I have already learned quite a bit from just reading.

4. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

Usually posts do not need approval - yours got caught in the spam filter for certain terms you used in your post. The only notification we get when that happens is in our admin forum.