New Idiot In Town.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Prince Myshkin, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Prince Myshkin

Prince Myshkin

If you get the name you'll get the title joke.

I recently joined this forum and I must say I am very pleased. I have been getting a lot of great advice on my upcoming build. I am also surprised to experience no flaming, as I have come to expect from many forums.

I might as well be a complete newbie when it comes to PC knowledge. I used to be pretty knowledgeable when it came to this stuff but I haven't been an enthusiast for some time. Funny to think that I used to be the president of my high school's STLP. That was back when cables were called ribbons and ps/2 was associated more with peripherals and not video games.

Any technology as new as SATA is pretty foreign to me, but I am hoping to rekindle my computer enthusiasm here on pcmech!

It may have been 10 years since I built myself a computer (or the computers for an entire school) but I think with a little bit of time and research on the forums I might be able to get back into it!

Of course only time will tell, you will all see just how lost I am when I actual begin my build. I'm sure I will author many posts that begin with "how do I hook up..."

2. Nuclear Krusader

Nuclear Krusader Mondsreitersmann

How do I get your name?

3. pam123

pam123 Computing Professor Staff Member

Prince Myshkin is the hero, a positive one and no idiot, in the novel "The Idiot" Dostoevsky.
    Unfortunately being a saint in czarist Russia is a "no win" proposition.

There is also a short story by Harlan Ellison which is debate/meditation on the novel.

As to whether or not our new member belongs in a sanatorium or considers PCMech one we'll just have to wait and see.:D

4. Nuclear Krusader

Ooo. That explains it, I've not read any Russian literature other than Taras Bulba and Kaschei and Baba-Yaga.

5. Prince Myshkin

Prince Myshkin

Bigger fan of German Literature Nuclear Krusader?

6. Nuclear Krusader