my monitor display is sideways - help!?!

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by gazzab, Oct 7, 2006.

1. gazzab

gazzab

Hi All,

New to the site. Good to be here.

Need some help if poss, I left my 5 yr old son playing on Nick Jr.com and came back in to find my monitor display was actually on it's side (not the screen I hasten to add!) ... how the hell do you reset it back to normal?

I have tried the display area within the control panel but nothing seems to work!:confused:

Help!

Cheers

Gazzab

2. TwoRails

TwoRails

Hi gazzab,

Welcome to PC Mechanic !! :)

The cure can vary from video card to video card. For mine, you right click on the desktop, then click properties. From there, click on Settings, then Advanced. The window that now pops up for me has multiple tabs, one of which is Rotation. There I can set it to one of four choices: right, left, upside down, and normal.

HTH

TwoRails

3. rjfvillarosa

rjfvillarosa Moderator Staff Member

On the front of the monitor itself should be a few buttons, one of them will open a menu on the screen giving you options to change the brightness, contrast and various other attributes, he has probably used one of the squew buttons to rotate the screen.

4. whubbard

whubbard

New York City, New York // Greeniwch, Connecticut
    Also on some computers a combination of Ctrl-Alt-Right (I thinks thats it) or Left or Up of Down can flip the monitor around...