MOHAA Crashes at load screen

Discussion in 'Gaming and Benchmarks' started by Lost Prophet, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Lost Prophet

Lost Prophet

I've just installed Medal of Honor Allied Assault and ran the v 1.11 patch. I can get to the title screen, options, etc., but when I try to launch a new game, it crashes when it gets to the loading screen. The next time I try to run the game it suggests that I run in safe mode but it still does the same thing.

I don't know if hardware is the problem or not but just in case:
    My system specs are:
    Athlon XP 2600+
    1.5 Gb RAM
    GeForce FX 5600 256Mb Video
    Onboard sound

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Lord Prism

Lord Prism Sibak

Lost Prophet, I had a similar problem that might have been related to some MoHaa Mods that I was running. I don't know if it was a blood mod or a swear filter or what - but I uninstalled and reinstalled and it seemed to fix it.
    Are you using a NOCD patch - I wonder if that would cause it? Another friend of mine had this problem when he upgraded to DirectX 9.0b but at this time I'm not sure what hardware he is running.

3. Lost Prophet

Lost Prophet

It's funny you should mention DirectX. I just received a reply from tech support at EA and they wanted me to send them my info from dxdiag. (I'm assuming this is DirectX info?) I own the legit copy of the game but I do use the NoCD hack so I won't have to swap CDs all the time from game to game. Maybe that could be the cause, I don't know. Since you and your friend are having similar problems, I'll post the reply from EA tech support after I send them the info they need. Hopefully one of these two will solve the problem. Thanks for the reply.

4. toxik

toxik

Most people i know of use a NOCD patch even though they all own legit copies. it just makes joining servers quicker.

Did you install the new NOCD patch for version 1.11?

5. Lost Prophet

Lost Prophet

I was using the 1.11 NOCD patch that I downloaded from Megagames. I ended up re-installing and trying it without the patch and it worked fine, so it must have been a bad patch. Think I'll try searching for a different one or just using the CD if that doesn't work.