Micro SD card in Samsung Galaxy Proclaim

Discussion in 'Tablets, Smartphones, & Mobile Devices' started by quartet-man, Jan 28, 2013.

1. quartet-man

quartet-man Saved by grace

I bought a 32gig Micro SD card to replace the 2gig it came with. I put the card in and it set it up as per normal. That was nice. I then copied all of the folders and files on the original, put on my computer, then pasted to the new card. I had it merge the duplicate folders and rename the duplicate files.

One thing I noticed is the ringtone assignments I had made under my contacts were totally messed up. Mostly I am curious for why that is (did the paths change somehow?) I don't see how it would have replaced with other ones though instead of just going to default. I guess it would also be nice to know so if I do this again. I already manually fixed all of them, but am still curious.

2. strollin

strollin

Did you by any chance power up the phone without the SD card inserted? If you did, it might be that since the phone couldn't find the ringtones on the SD card it got confused.

3. David M

David M Techphile.

The directory does not know the new pathways on the new card to the moved ringtones? I don't know Terry.

4. quartet-man

quartet-man Saved by grace

Strollin, there was a message that said SD card unexpectedly ejected or something, so maybe I did mess it up during the back and forth. I would have thought though that putting the card back in would have corrected it, but who knows? :)

David, the folders and files were copied and the card swapped out, so I didn't see how the paths could be an issue (and even if it had, I would think that it would just revert back to a standard ringtone like it does when the SD card is being used by the computer and not accessible by the phone instead of totally replacing my choices with other choices.