Make A movie!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mike1987, Jun 12, 2002.

1. mike1987

mike1987 Banned

Hey i have had a camcord fora while well its a sharp VL-AH150 400x zoom digital or optical i dont remember but well my parents got it for me ANYWAY can somone tell me how to put what i record onto my computer!!!???? please help i wanna edit movies and stuff....
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Also has anyone ever tried to make a claymation or somekinda actionfigure movie thingie and record stop move it record..repeat.. lol and watch it i swear like a half an hour is 10 seconds of movie i gave that up thanks..,

2. DrZaius

DrZaius

Hi Mike,

You'll need a video card with VIVO (video in, video out) capabilities. The ATI All-In-Wonder cards are great for this kind of stuff. Hauppauge also makes some good cards (WinTV) and Pinnacle has a lot of good cards.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/HomeMovieMaking.asp?langue_id=7

Other members have done this before so I'm sure they have some good tips. Hope that helps.

3. mike1987

mike1987 Banned

thanks... one thing though i want to get a cheap one then this my parents live hour or so away there divorced long time ago so im going to be going back and fourth i probly wont get a job unless its mowing laws i just got a new vid card so somthing cheap..is what i need.. hah.

4. mike1987

mike1987 Banned

i meant during summer i wont get a job.........................................................................Anyone know of a cheap card with video in and out like say $50 becuse i have a gaming video card ishoudaa got all in one but wasnt thinking about it ..need cheap in and out card .... i can use my gaming card and use the other for vid editing right?

5. mike1987

mike1987 Banned

sorry im not making since im tired goodnight

6. RJ

RJ

I disagree with a video card with VIVO or a TV card. The ATI all-in-wonders are tv-tuners, and so are the WinTV series from Hauppauge.

Both All-In-Wonder and WinTV are not recommendable for what you want. You don't need a TV card or a new video card, you need a video capture card.

Look at the Pinnacle capture cards (not TV cards), they are very good.

RJ

Last edited: Jun 13, 2002
  7. DrZaius

DrZaius

RJ is right. I was thinking of TV capture not video transfer. Though it can be done with the AIW and WinTV cards, the dedicated capture cards like Pinnacle ones that are the best solution.

8. RJ

RJ

Yeah. For TV capture the All-In-Wonder cards and WinTV are both great. They make good tv tuners.
    For video capturing the most important part is the digitalizer chip.

RJ

9. mike1987

mike1987 Banned

thanks

10. mike1987

mike1987 Banned

11. audiyoda

audiyoda Banned

East of Lake Michigan -- West of Lake Huron -- Sou
    I wouldn't exactly call it a good one -- the best you'll get out of that thing is 320x240 resolution at 15 frames per second. Half of what a real capture card will give you ([email protected]).

-Craig

12. RJ

RJ

One thing more:
    Your camcorder is neither VHS nor Video8, it is Hi8, means the vertical resolution is 400 lines. So without a real capture card you'll lose quality anyway. Plus USB 1.1 (I assume this one uses 1.1) is too slow for videos. Also in a low resolution you could get dropped frames.

RJ