macbook pro display 17''

Discussion in 'Mac OS and Software Assistance' started by homi1ife, Dec 14, 2010.

1. homi1ife

homi1ife

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I was wondering is there anyway to fix my screen. What I mean is that the screen crack down the middle and I was wondering if I could change it by buying a new one and if yes how?

Is it possible just to change the whole display as in the top part of the laptop? thanks.

2. Nuclear Krusader

Nuclear Krusader Mondsreitersmann

Have you checked iFixit already?

Only other option I can think of is to take it to an Apple Store. Won't be cheap, from what I've heard.

3. inflames988

inflames988

I'll second the iFixit suggestion. Apple will almost always charge you more than the computer is worth to repair a screen. iFixit generally has guides to repair all this stuff, including a list of tools and parts you'll need. They sell screwdriver sets that have tons of different bits including torx and whatnot - these are generally a good starting point to fixing a macbook. You could also buy the same stuff from a bunch of different vendors online once you find out what you need.

4. David M

David M Techphile.

I wonder if Steve Jobs has sued this company yet? If not, it's probably on his list.

Very cool site. I wish I had known about it when my iPod battery died.

Bookmarked!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  5. mikeL

mikeL