Linksys router problem...

Discussion in 'Online Security' started by ToyotaSupra, Aug 14, 2003.

1. ToyotaSupra

ToyotaSupra

I have a BEFSR41 Linksys Router, everything worked fine until I tried to update the firmware to see if it would fix the connection problem I was having with PlanetSide. Now I can't get a connection from either of the two computers that are connected, Im connected directly to the modem right now.

So my question is, is there a way to unistall the firmware on the router? When I installed it I was sure that it was the correct one.

2. ToyotaSupra

ToyotaSupra

The model number on the back says: BEFSR41 Ver2... when I checked the site for firmware it didn't have a Ver2 on there but it had Ver3 and the regular BEFSR41, I picked the one without it. I probably installed wrong firmware or something but I dont know if I can unistall it.

3. bailey

bailey

I don't think there is anything you can do about it now, except buy a new one

4. ToyotaSupra

ToyotaSupra

I think I fixed it... gotta test everything out right now.

5. ToyotaSupra

ToyotaSupra

Yes, common sense solved my problem again! Found the box the router came in and there was a cd in there so I followed the directions on it and supposedly it installed the correct firmware or something and everything is fine now. This makes the second time a cd has solved my problem lol.

6. bailey

bailey

now that is interesting, firmware must be like updateing a bios now