ktkendall thank you

Discussion in 'Home Theater and Automation' started by mikemnf, Feb 21, 2004.

1. mikemnf

mikemnf

I have audio. It seems that the the correct drivers for the on board sound was not in the drivers file???? It's a out of the box system fro IBM?? They weren't on the Aptiva Applications CD-0ROM either. I finally did get the correct drivers at the Aptiva Online web site. I was not aware there was such a site, but it has all the original, and updated drivers for each particular model of Aptiva. The jumpers must not have been turned off when the Audigy card was installed by my son's friend years ago. I am not after super quality for my grandson, so I have accepted the on board sound and video. I did uninstall all sound drivers, then downloaded the ESS Solo 1 driver for my Aptiva, and all is working. This post is mainly to let you know what happened, and to say,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

for sticking with me and my problem.

Mike
    P.S. Check my next post.

2. ktkendall

ktkendall Telcom Tech

Glad to help..Sometimes I don't think we really do much other that just give someone confidence that they can trubleshoot this problem and just kind of steer tham in the right direction. It's pretty hard to really shoot trouble without being able to actually get your hands on the PC that is in trouble..

3. mikemnf

mikemnf

I know what you mean. I have a very limitted knowledge of computers, but people know I have fun building or reconfigureing them, so they ask me how to fix theirs. I must say though, I very rarely have a problem with my own builds. Thanks again.

Mike