keeping up with the news is heartbreaking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LWHiway, Jun 29, 2002.

1. LWHiway

LWHiway

SOUTHFIELD, Michigan (CNN) -- A Detroit woman whose two small children died in her car while she was getting her hair styled has been taken into custody, police said. Friday 6/28/02

What's wrong with us. How could we do this again to children. We have to be smarter than this. Needless tragedy, sensless loss of 2 total lifetimes.

2. Lord Prism

Lord Prism Sibak

She is a murderer.....not stupid. WHO forgets CHILDREN in a car?!!
    NOBODY.

3. Blakhart

Blakhart Banned

Man I read in the paper about something happening like that and it really bothers me to no end. It would be nice if the children turned their hearts towards the parents, and the parents towards the children.

4. PardeGT

PardeGT Mechanical Guru

This reminds me of two articles I have read previously.

The first one is tragic like the one LWHiway posted and the second is just appalling.

1 - A mother has her infant in the childseat and forgets to stop at the daycare on her way to work to drop the child off. She "discovers" her baby dead upon leaving work at the end of her shift.

2 - This one is really bad. A Michigan man decides he no longer wants to be a father and sticks his newborn in the microwave and procedes to turn it on.

Such sick and twisted people :mad:

5. CaptTuna

CaptTuna

Darwin was right!

When I see news stories like that it just proves that the laws of natural selection are still in effect. It is a shame that it is proven at the expense of 2 young lives.

6. TheOldMan

TheOldMan

Loss of life, especially children, is always tragic. They'll never get the chance to enjoy tje 'Mech.

But the Darwin Awards commemorate those who improve our gene pool by removing themselves from it in really stupid ways. Hopefully, these award winners take themselves out before they can hurt others.

http://www.darwinawards.com/

The Old Man

7. LWHiway

LWHiway

Let us all understand what she stated upon her arrest. She left the two toddlers in a black car for her t h r e e hour hair appointment.

How can our lives be so hectic, so scheduled and so stressed that we loose our minds. Even for a moment is almost unexcusable.

I need to move on before my fingers explode here. I've had my rant, now I pray for the kids and her. She will have to deal with her absence of humanity for the rest of her life.

8. KR0316

KR0316

some can't because it happens over and over again

I second that. Anyone who doesn't have time in their busy schedule and leaves their children in a car is a murderer and should never be allowed to have children ever.

9. smokealotapotimus

smokealotapotimus

Sometimes I just shake my head, sometimes I am speechless, most of the time I get sick to my stomach.

The even more disgusting thing is, we're just going to have to accept it! What can we do about these stupid people? Round the clock surveillance? What?

10. LWHiway

LWHiway

I looked at the news first thing this am. Man she is in deep do do.
    She had to lie first. I find it shivering to believe she had presence of mind to sit/stand and rationalize an alibi. Cold blooded.

LW

11. alan

alan

Being from the Detroit area the 2 dead babies has been big news here. Don't forget she also lied to the police that she was abducted and raped before being returned to her car to find hers children dead.

12. Battery Powered

Battery Powered

I dont understand how someone can be like that, its rediculas, do they just not think or what

And whats up with a 3 hour hair appointment anyway, that shows some form of mentality in itself

Does anyone have a link to an article with more information about this?