jqqixu.exe

Discussion in 'Windows Legacy Support (XP and earlier)' started by TVANWINKLE, Jul 13, 2004.

1. TVANWINKLE

TVANWINKLE

Hello all,

One of my workstations (XP HOME) has an odd start up listing for jqqixu.exe located in directory C:\WINDOWS\System32 that I cannot seem to find any reference to on the net. Have you guy's seen this? Is it legit?

TIA

Edit: Found another unknown nfhkmli.exe same directory as above in System32.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2004
  2. bigandy

bigandy Folding For PCMech

Try looking at the date it was created. Most of the files in the System32 folder should be around the same time (August, 2001). Of course that doesn't mean that other valid system files there won't have different dates, but if this file was created recently, it's a pretty good guess that it isn't supposed to be there.

3. Statica

Statica

4. TVANWINKLE

TVANWINKLE

Thanks for your reply Andy. jqqixu.exe was created June 15 2004. (I removed jiqqixu.exe from my start up) Even after setting my folder view properties to view all hidden files/folder nfhkmli.exe is nowhere to be found.

5. TVANWINKLE

TVANWINKLE

Statica,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I ran NAV Corp Edition both normal start up and safe mode. All NAV updates current. Additionally I ran adaware and spybot.I will run housecall as recommended just to be sure. I'll run and post HJT log A.S.A.P..

Thanks again!

6. TVANWINKLE

TVANWINKLE

For the record..........NAV bites...........Housecall found numerous viruses that NAV did not. Are there better AV programs out there for server environments? (1 exchange server 1 web server 20 workstations) At this point I am not feeling warm and fuzzy running NAV on any of our machines.

7. Statica

Statica

That's what I usually find, I can't stand NAV and usually seem to have bad luck with it. Since 1999 I've consistently put Trend Micro's products on servers and workstations alike, and have never had an issue. However, I'm sure many others have tons of recommendations, do your research before you hand over your server duties to an antivirus. I believe Trend does have demo versions of their products.
    Check out the enterprise and small business suites by them www.antivirus.com