integrate programs with XP install

Discussion in 'Windows Legacy Support (XP and earlier)' started by enhanced08, Mar 25, 2005.

1. enhanced08

enhanced08 Foldin' For PCMech!

i have been looking into programs like "nlite" which can integrate service packs and such into a winxp install iso. i was thinking much easier it would be to install XP and all the programs i use all at once. like on cd, or DVD that has XP, service packs, hotfixes, office, messenger, adobe, everything i need installed. does anyone know of a program to do this?

ps. this may need to be put into the "tips and tricks" forum, please move if needed.

thanks

2. ITlover

ITlover Banned

I donot know of any program or CD that has SP's, but their are some CD's of MS-Office XP that have service packs in them and other programs as well.

Regards

3. enhanced08

enhanced08 Foldin' For PCMech!

no, what i mean is you make the cd using a program. for example, the program nlite. you install nlite and it copies files from your XP disk to the HDD then it gives you the options to take out different programs, customize the install, add service packs so you don't have to install them later, etc. then it makes an ISO which you can burn to cd and install from it. i want to do the same thing only with application like office and such.

4. macko72

macko72

Mate you can slipstream SP's but you canot slipstream hot fixes, and there is one program with wich you can preinstall all SP's, Programs, Hot Fixes, and program is called PEbuilder and it's freeware here check it out :

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

EDIT: I just remembered thet you slipstream service pack in to a windows installation to have this working right, don't know how much do you know about slipstreaming but even if you don't know anything click here to get help!!!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005