Incorrect Toolbars

Discussion in 'Windows OS Support (Vista and newer)' started by NBee, Jun 23, 2008.

1. NBee

NBee

Hello all.

My parents have a Dell Inspiron 5210 with Vista installed. They are not quite sure what they have done (as is always the way!) but now whenever they open Explorer, there is a toolbar at the top which is clearly dedicated to CD burning. I've had a look, and I can't find any options to get rid of it, or change it's preferences.

They also think other normal toolbars are missing which are usually there. In particular, when they open their contacts folder, that toolbar has gone, where they have the option to add new contacts etc.

I've never used Vista, so there's not much I can do to help them - any ideas on what's wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Image attached showing the offending toolbar.

Attached Files:

2. shadowpr

shadowpr I like me

Looks normal to me. I don't have the burning icon though. You might want to see if roxio or nero (whatever software you have to burn discs with) is starting with the computer automatically. That might have an effect on that icon.

The rest is the same as I have.

3. NBee

NBee

Strange. Is there no similar thing to XP, where you go View -> Toolbars etc? I couldn't find anything like that.

And how do you find out what programs are running on startup in Vista?

Thanks.

4. shadowpr

shadowpr I like me

Start > Run > type in msconfig

Then go to the startup tab.

5. EzyStvy

EzyStvy Computing Professor Staff Member

One thing to do in Vista ->Win Explorer is to click on ORGANISE ->LayOut->and add the Menu Bar.

In Vista->Win Explorer->if you have a cd/dvd burner and have clicked on a file/folder that are "burnable" you'll get the Burn icon. I don't thing you can remove it.