Hp restore disks

Discussion in 'Software Discussion & Support' started by lmrgl600, Aug 18, 2007.

1. lmrgl600

lmrgl600

Ive been needin a set of 5 disks to restore my computer for awhile now but i cant find it anywhere, hp dosent have them anymore and i havent found a third party site that has them, when i install the os it has missin files and ive called a computer expert and he says im gonna need the 5 disk set to get it workin again, anyone know where they might sell em?? thanks much

2. Panama Red

Panama Red If I'm not here, I may be cruisin'! Staff Member

You really don't NEED the restore disks if this is an XP machine. Just reload XP Home with any XP Home SP2 disk and use the HP product key that is on the case prior to activation. You might have to call MS to reactivate. You can download the drivers from HP and put them on a flash drive for easy loading after the XP install. I've done several reloads this way - all with the same basic XP SP2 disk and the Product Key from the sticker on the case.

3. lmrgl600

lmrgl600

well ive tried that with sp1 and 2 the hard drive is shot tho, i was told imma need a new hd or imma need the disks one or the other and the disks is the cheaper option...if i can find em

4. shadowpr

shadowpr I like me

if the hd is bad, the restore disks wouldn't help anymore then the windows disk.

5. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member