how to add more files to semi filled dvd

Discussion in 'Software Discussion & Support' started by bhome83, Aug 20, 2007.

1. bhome83

bhome83

thought this would be easier than it is so far, but i burned 900mb on a blank dvd+r a while back with nero and in the nero express mode i checked 'allow files to be added later.' ok so now is later :) how do i add these files? ive looked everywhere but not sure what im supposed to do. thanks for any help!

2. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

3. bhome83

bhome83

hmm, weird. first time i tried the original files weren't there, now they are. im going crazy. anyhoo, i always thought that if your disc isn't closed you cant play the files on the disc. i can play the files fine though after writing them to the disc.

4. juppy

juppy Professional Cow Tipper

I don't know if this is the same thing like I had problems with or not, but maybe. I used to have the "missing files" stuff when I would try to use Nero to write more data to a backup CD I had made previously. I finally figured out that you have to start Nero first and THEN put in your CD (or maybe DVD too). If you put the CD with your data on it in before you start the program, Nero won't pick up what's already on the disk. Don't know why, but that's what happened to me. HTH :)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  5. bhome83

bhome83

hmm...im thinking that is what happened to me too! thanks juppy :)

6. juppy

juppy Professional Cow Tipper

It's possible. I know I learned it the hard way. I put my backup CD with quite a few files in to continue writing on it and Nero said there was nothing on there. So, silly me, I went ahead and went through my hard drive and re-found all the files that *used to be* on there, and rewrote them again. Later on down the road, I figured out that Nero had to be started and felt like a total doofus that I went back through and manually re-did all those files when all I really needed to do was take the disk back out, with Nero started, then put it back in the drive again. D'oh! :D

7. bhome83

bhome83

damn nero :( also, i always thought that if you left a cd open the files couldn't be played. I have a few of my cd's open and i still can play mp3 files.

8. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

As long as the SESSIONS are closed, it will work in any drive or player that is capable of reading a multisession CD. There is a difference between closing a session and closing the whole CD.