Hey Veterans! A Free meal...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Panama Red, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Panama Red

Panama Red If I'm not here, I may be cruisin'! Staff Member

at Applebee's on Wed, Nov 11 - Veteran's Day. You've probably seen the ads on tv for Veterans eat free but I figured I just post a reminder for my fellow Veterans and active military personnel. The Active folks will probably skip the free meal cuz they wouldn't want to miss one of those scrumptious military feasts served up by the smiling faces of the Mess Cooks.:D

http://www.applebees.com/vetsday/

Guess I better dig out the DD214 cuz my 61 year old body ain't about to fit in a uniform that I wore over 40 years ago.:eek:

2. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

Golden Corral is doing their free Vet's day dinner on Monday 11/16, NO ID required. However, be prepared to wait in about a 2 hour line if there are a lot of military or vets in your area.

3. juppy

juppy Professional Cow Tipper

No ID? How the heck do they know they're not serving a free meal to every regular non-vet guy that walks in the building then? Other than they just HOPE you'd have enough class not to lie like that.

4. glc

They know they will be feeding people free for 4 hours as fast as they can get them in and out the door - anyone who antes up is gravy I guess.

5. David M

David M Techphile.

The good news is its a the free meal. :) The bad news is its Applebee's :(

6. glc

Hey, for a chain restaurant in its class, it's not bad. Bennigan's went under and its competition is TGI Friday's and Chili's - and in my opinion, neither one is any better. Last time I ordered a steak at Chili's, they refused to cook it any less than medium, and their "medium" had absolutely no pink left in the middle. Shoe leather.

7. BigRed CC Dually

BigRed CC Dually

You shouldn't have to pay for it then. Texas Roadhouse fixes my sirloin just the way I like it, "Pittsburgh Rare" 20 min. and a good vet and it back on it's hoofs eatin' hay.

8. glc

Nah - I just filed it away in my memory banks - I won't go back to that Chili's again, and I won't order a steak at any Chili's any more. Other than that, every meal I've had at a Chili's has been decent. The waitress didn't get a tip either. Maybe not her fault, but it certainly wasn't mine either.

I guess it serves me right for ordering a steak at a place that wasn't a steakhouse.

9. David M

David M Techphile.

George...do you also order hamburgers at Thai restaurants? :D :D

10. glc

Hey - it was on the menu - what can I say? Can't say that I've ever seen a hamburger on the menu at a Thai restaurant.