GW Bush arrested for DUI in 1976

Discussion in 'Political Auditorium' started by bob, Nov 2, 2000.

1. bob

bob

2. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

But he didn't inhale.

Possession and consumption of alcohol is legal - operating a motor vehicle under the influence is not, granted.

Mere possession of a controlled substance is not legal.

I can just hear the Dems plotting how to use this for maximum effect.

Both political parties frankly disgust me. We might as well just elect the publisher of the National Enquirer.

3. lil Jimmie

lil Jimmie HOT ROD

If I remember this was brought up when Bush Sr. was running for office. BTW GWB has been sober for quite some time now.
    And Bush doesn't hide the fact that it happened. One of the wonderful news networks brought it up about a month ago, so If the DEMS wanted to use it why haven't they? Maybe it a last resort! And no he didn't inhale!

4. StunGunz

StunGunz

At least hes not running around in his Super Man underoos claiming he invented life itself.

5. bob

bob

lil Jimmie - He never admitted this. Turn on the news. What else has he not admitted.

He says he did not disclose it because of his daughters. Sound familiar?

6. lil Jimmie

lil Jimmie HOT ROD

Bob I could be wrong on him admitting it, but I have known about this for about a month I'm trying to remember where I heard about the dui. But It doesn't change my veiw of GWB!

7. bob

bob

A FOXNEWS reporter broke the story a few hours ago. If you knew then the RNC of Bush Camp would love to know your source.

8. StunGunz

StunGunz

I could be wrong! But doesn't pleading guilty pretty much tell the world "Yup! I did it?" . I'm not sure how it works where you come from, but pleading guilty here pretty much says it all.

9. K A Hall

K A Hall Computer Tool

hehe!
    I like him even more now. I have done a lot of things in my younger days that I would not want my kids or anybody else to know about.
    And:
    I never disliked Clinton because he smoked pot. I disliked him for not inhaling. What a waste of good reefer. Oh yeah and there was the way he governed my neighbors to the south.

Yawn!

[Edited by K A Hall on 11-03-2000 at 12:00 AM]

10. Kubie

Kubie

Still grasping for straws bob?

11. bob

bob

Is Bush grasping for straws - that is the question. Did he ever say he quit doing cocaine? Was he ever arrested - we will see.

12. drisley

drisley PCMech Founder

I saw this coming a long time ago. the usual "October suprise"...in this case November. I have no doubt this is politically motivated.

Dirty politics. I'm so tired of it. How predictable this is.

13. bob

bob

Why did Bush not see it? He could have come clean long ago but did not.

14. drisley

drisley PCMech Founder

how am I supposed to know? But, instead of drooling all over yourself, why can't you see the political timing of this and how it came out of nowhere.

15. stylin19

stylin19

freepers been talkin about this for awhile. course, nobody ever pays attention to us, cause we are right of the vast right wing. :)
    www.freerepublic.com

where you get the real deal.

current rumor is, the story was leaked by a demo convention delegate. ( rumors change every 5 minutes :) )

[Edited by stylin19 on 11-03-2000 at 12:50 AM]

16. drisley

drisley PCMech Founder

Sorry. What's freepers? =)

Its just that I was fully expecting something either today or tomorrow...something to try to tilt the election back to Gore. Listen, did anyone really think the DNC would just sit there and lose the White House and possibly the Congress? I don't think so.

So, I go out to dinner, get back, and find that, regrettably, I was right on the money.

Unbelievable.

17. SARGE

SARGE The Preacher Man

A non-issue, unless the hungry media makes it one. Difference is, he did it along ago, admits to it, and doesn't lie and twist words (definition of is), etc. For the past 14 years his integrity is unquestioned, compared to his opponent.

Btw, how many parents tell the kiddos everything they did when young? I've kept many secrets, as most folks prudently do.

18. drisley

drisley PCMech Founder

Stlyin - I'm hearing that too. A DNC delagate apparently baited a reporter up in Maine. She bit, researched the facts for herself with the local courthouse, and ran it, like any dutiful reporter would have. I don't blame her at all, but I do blame the DNC for obvious media manipulation. The Gore campaign says they didnt have anything to do with it. Maybe not directly, but I'm sure their friends in the DNC did.

19. stylin19

stylin19

sorry drisley...i must have been editing and adding the url to my post, when you posted.

20. bob

bob

Bush can still win. But who will really take him seriously if he does. I remember Animal House - "fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" Well one out of three is bad.

Who cares if Gore helpers helped break the story. It should have been honestly explained by Bush long ago.