Gotta Have Fun!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Old Scribe, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Old Scribe

Old Scribe Guest

I've been in and around personal computers since 1991 with MS-DOS 3.3, an IBM-clone, and a local BBS. It seems like another century, another life, another lifestyle.

My passion, since age 16 and now almost 66, was to write, first as a journalist, and later, as a novelist. I believe I succeeded as a journalist (business reporter) with a number of newspapers, all in Canada, unfortunately.

As a novelist, I'm still a wannabe, and these so-called "golden years" is when you start to piss yellow and your skin starts to turn green, especially at 3 a.m..

In truth, I'm a lonely 'Ol Fart, but I just happen to live with a 35-year-old French-speaking young woman in Montreal. A long story after two marriages, two miserable sons, and one beautiful daughter.

In all things, today and yesterday, my basic personal philosophy is simple: Gotta Have Fun!

So, that being said, I'm still reasonably happy to be among the living - even if I have one foot in the grave and the other in my mouth, usually.

Meanwhile, after two heart attacks because I was a smoker, a drinker, and a meat-and-potatoes kind of guy, I'm now into salads, fruits, a little wine, and a lotta wisecracks coming from the younger generation.

That is, until I sit down in front of a computer.

And, then, I cry!

2. David M

David M Techphile.

Welcome aboard Scribe! Have a look through the threads and.....have fun. :)

3. rwest

rwest

Don't Worry be Hap-py. You're amongst a han-fula ol farts here.:)

4. Staren

Staren

Welcome to the forum! Ya there are a good number of young people here like me still on the front side of 30 if only just, but there are a lot of veterans of life around here too. So if you have questions, ask away. Collectively we can figure out just about anything having to do with computers.

5. rwest

rwest

We got a few car gurus on board also.:cool: Dont' forget to watch General Discusion!:)

6. dale_t44

dale_t44

Welcome Aboard. I'm in your age group also. Turned 67 yesterday.

Enjoy.