Gaming in widescreen

Discussion in 'Home Theater and Automation' started by Dannyw, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Dannyw

Dannyw

I want to buy a 19" widescreen tft to go with my new build, but i'm a little worried about how games are going to display on it. Does anyone have any experience with this? I don't want to buy the monitor only to find out my games are losing visual quality because of it.

2. Anth83

Anth83

Some games support widescreen out of the box while with others you might need to modify the game files to get them to work in widescreen.

www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum

3. freakitchen

freakitchen Computing Professor Staff Member

Anth83 has it spot on. I bought a Viewsonic 19" Widescreen about a year ago and have been very happy with it. The majority of games have supported the native resolution (1440x900) natively.

Some others (namely F.E.A.R. and the Need4Speed series) have required various modification - such as the editing of a config file or the downloading of a 3rd party patch. I've yet to find a game where the solution is not well documented on the Widescreen Gaming Forum at Anth83's link.

FK

4. Dannyw

Dannyw

Ok thats good then, as long as i will have support if i run into difficulties then i guess its worthit. Gladly i'm not a fan of FEAR and i have NFS on my 360, so no worries there.

Cheers for the help guys.