Discussion in 'Gaming and Benchmarks' started by Spearball, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Spearball

Spearball Guest

Oct 25, 2005
    Just got a small question. Or it might be a little bigger... When a company wants to create a game or anyone where do you start?What the first thing you do? Not including the planning and stuff. I wanna start getting into this stuff and this has been bugging me.
  2. blue60007

blue60007 Wx geek

Aug 30, 2005
    My advice would be to start small...maybe as an indie group/company (ie, smallish games released for free). Get some work out there and get your indie group noticed. Start out small, don't aim for a huge game or anything. Even a mod for a game would work (wasn't Counter Strike and Day of Defeat a mod that got so popular it was picked up by publishers?) Hopefully you'll get yourself noticed and you can recruit the more talented coders and such and you can start getting larger games out there that you can charge for. I suppose the ultimate goal would be to get yourself noticed by a larger publisher and get a deal with them and get your games on real shelves...

I would think there are plenty of resources out there to help you get started...
  3. Alaron

Alaron Kickin' it

Jan 4, 2002
    Yup, best way to start is to get involved in a Mod team for an existing game.