Freedom?

Discussion in 'Contemporary Terrorism' started by pcoopers, Dec 18, 2001.

1. pcoopers

pcoopers

Terrorism isn't the only threat to freedom.

Take a look at this site, I've heard a couple rumors on this issue, but didn't know how serious it might be.

http://stoppoliceware.org/

Any comments?

2. LawyerRon

LawyerRon The Gavel

Quote:
    "Any comments?"

Yeah, don't lose any sleep over it. I won't.

3. mantapc

mantapc Banned

2 solutions: either build your own computer without the PoliceWare installed
    -or-
    Don't steal copyrighted material

4. fudge

fudge

just creating a little more fodder for the people who feel that big business runs the government.. :rolleyes: not necessarily the normal "joe shmoe"..

I dunno.. i think piracy is fueled by ridiculously high prices for notoriously dodgy software.. which, in turn, fuels the rising prices.. just because updates can be easily accessed over the internet doesn't mean you can release a product that hasn't been properly tested, and hope someone will pick up the mistake for you..?

The best example for a seemingly overpriced product is music CDs, in NZ we pay $35 for a new release (a price which never changes no matter how much time passes) then people look at CD-Rs and see they only cost $2.. people ask what are we paying for? who's hiking up the royalties? the guy who invented the CD?

truth is.. most people will BUY the CD (or program) if it's good.. how many metallica fans didn't buy the S&M album? I only used Napster to look for rarities of bands i have every album of anyway, now it's gone.. nevermind..

What's people's take on Abandonware? I've looked 4 ages for the eye of the beholder trilogy but SSI (or whoever owns it now) will not answer any emails on the game.. maybe it's a case of "we make BETTER games now.. just looks at the GRAPHICS!"

anyhoo.. i'm off topic.. :eek: .. POLICEWARE? bah! stop releasing crap.. or at least.. release DECENT demos of your software.. (or even A demo..)

5. freptide

freptide

6. kraken

kraken Philosophical Computing Nutcase

Thank God I live in a free country.

7. Iman74

Iman74

Don't lose sleep over it, there is ways around everything.