First Boot up problems

Discussion in 'Build Your Own PC' started by SharpShooter, Jul 5, 2007.

1. SharpShooter

SharpShooter

Hi
    Ive just finished building my second computer and am encountering problems on start up. My specs are:

Motherboard: Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe WIFI-AP AM2 Sound 2 x GigaLan 1394 USB 2.0 WIFI-G ESATA ATX
    Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Socket AM2 Retail Boxed Processor
    Ram - crucial 1Gb
    Video Card: Innovision 3D 8800GTS 320MB GDDR3 DVI PCI-E Graphics Card
    Hard Drive: WD Caviar SE16 WD4000KS
    Power Supply and case - Antec Sonata II Piano Black Quiet Super Mini Tower

On start up the cpu and video card seem to be receiving power as the fans are running and the green light is lit on the motherboard. There are no beeps on startup but I think ive put the speaker connection in right as it played a long beep when i forgot to connect the power to the video card. Ive checked the PN1/PN2 connections and their all correct. Ive tried different monitors but no luck. Ive reset the CMOS, checked the processor and am now all out of ideas.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Methods for checking if any of the components are faulty would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Jimmy0

Jimmy0

3. SharpShooter

SharpShooter

Ok tried that and now the cpu fan powers up then the video card. Nothing comes on screen and it then turns off after about 10 secs.

4. SharpShooter

SharpShooter

Sorry got it working now id put in the 24 main power plug in but not the four. Well it always ends up being something as simple as that doesnt it.