External Hard Drives! Awesome Find!

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Spongebob, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Spongebob

Spongebob

Well this seems to be pretty unreal, I went to a thrift store yesterday and guess what I found. Found 2 Maxtor external hard drives. Only paid a buck a piece for them. From what I could find out they are 80 gig a piece. They dont have the power cord or the firewire. Would Radio Shack carry these items? I guess I need to get a firewire pci card also. If anyone could give me some info on these and how to use them i would greatly appreciate it. How do I go about formatting them?

Maxtor External Hard Drive
    Model # FWRA080VUL001

Thanks for any help.

2. slingslingbinks

slingslingbinks

check maxtor web site for info on there op. and i'd try radio shack for the power cord's and firewire. i'v ben going to some thrift store's also and picked up some ex. cd-rom drives and miss. computer supply's well worth the price c-ya slinger

3. calmius

calmius

I know what you mean. Sometimes I go to goodwill store, and the "after-goodwill store" what is not sold in goodwill goes to this super cheap place where everything is literally super cheap. A couple of times I've been there and there is some expensive stuff you could buy for buck

4. Tuf

Tuf

Not too shabby!