Ever Quest

Discussion in 'Gaming and Benchmarks' started by Byte 2.0, Jan 6, 2001.

1. Byte 2.0

Byte 2.0

Ok, I have started before that I am now a big fan of EQ. If anyone is interested in ever playing EQ, feel feel to ask questions before you get too deep into the game.

The Biggest Decision one has to make is your first. You have to pick a server to play on. You characters and everything are stored online to prevent some cheaps.

So you want to find a server, and if you know other People that Play EQ, you want to get on the server that they are on, that you can help each other out.

After you really get going to need to join a guild, that is the only way you can ever do really good in the game..

Believe it or not, i have not even told anything really. I am working on getting some good screen shots together.

As of tonight I just reached Level 24 with my Warrior.

As of now I join a Guild instead of trying to form a PCMECH type Guild because you have to have 10 active members to even think about starting a guild, and Currently I am the only PCMECHer that I know that plays....

2. Prader Willi

Prader Willi

I don't now much about EQ. Is this like a Diablo game? Also, playing online isn't free is it?-- if not, how much does it cost?

3. StunGunz

StunGunz

I had EQ given to me as a gift, and when I went to install it I was told that the product ID number was in use already. I proceeded to call Verant on this issue, and was told I had to prove that I indeed owned the disk in question. Needless to say I haven't had the time to get this done, and so the disk sits. I have to admit, the game looks interesting, and I still enjoy playing the game that was the 3d engine test bed for it. But after this run around with Verant, and their track record for customer support,I can't help but feel my money would be better spent elsewhere. From what I here though, its about 10$ a month, and you can get the game for around 40$.

4. Makoe

Makoe

if sitting in 1 spot for hours waiting for some poor looking 3d monster to appear so you can kill it for an item sounds fun, then by all means youd probably love EQ.
    If you are looking for a great Massively Multiplay Online RPG you should try Ultima Online, especially if you enjoy player vs player combat.

5. Byte 2.0

Byte 2.0

Ok, I will try to reply to everything said...

1. Yes there is a fee about 10 dollar per month..

2. The disk you were given, here is the problem. Each Cd has a serial number that is registered to the first person that signed up with it. They do not and will not Transfer the lience....That is why you had a run around with them.
    (So don't ever buy a use Ever Quest CD)

3. There is more to do then sitting around waiting to kill poor little MOB's. Have you tired Trade Skills?

Trade Skills the ability to learn a useful skill to make items that other player will want...My Trade Skill is Black Smithing. I made Armor and can make Weapons.

(However nobody wants made weapons except maybe for looks, currently we can not make magic weapons. So people want the magic weapons that can be found in the game.)

4. Sure some of the graphics could be a little better, but they are not that bad.

5. Also, for those people that like playing against other people they have Player Killer Servers.

On the normal servers you can dual with other people, if both sides agree. prevent high levels from picking on the newbies..

All the other online RPG's have monthly fees too...

[Edited by byte on 01-07-2001 at 11:04 PM]

6. Makoe

Makoe

or...
    you can play UO, where trade skills are actually profitable and fun, where the PvP is actually very GOOD...
    Where you can get your own house as a permanent landmark on the server to store stuff and decorate however you want...
    Play a thief? Well in UO you can actually steal from people.
    You can ride horses in UO.
    UO combat is very balanced.
    EQ is very good if you like sitting in 1 spot waiting for some lame monster to appear, or fighting the same monsters with different names just to watch your level raise.
    in UO, you can customize your character thousands of ways, there are many clothes and hats and armor pieces, skin colors hair styles and dyes that literally allow you to look different from anyone else... in EQ I think you can choose your face.. yay.
    There is a lot more depth to UO, it is a much better game.

7. Byte 2.0

Byte 2.0

UO does sound like fun. Just before I got into EQ I made a post here asking about Oline RPG's and I got no reply's. So I made a choice from the main 3 games. EQ is the on I picked...I know I am not going to try to play UO and EQ, that would be 2 time consuming. Had someone talked about UO like you just did I would have probably picked it. The Trade skills in EQ are profitible to.

8. Makoe

Makoe

Hehe, I played EQ till about level 30 then I realized what was happening.
    It was fun at times though i must admit.

9. Byte 2.0

Byte 2.0

I can say that I am a Master Black Smith now, in EQ. I took the time yeserday to increase my Smithing and I am now ready to make some major game money...

10. StunGunz

StunGunz

Byte not to be a pain, but the game was a gift, and was still factory sealed. Not used. Rumor was that there were duplicate serial numbers for quite a few of the EQ disks out there, but I never saw anything official. I play TANARUS, which was the test for the 3d engine for EQ, and have had more than a few bad dealings with Verant Interactive. other than that, I have to admit EQ does look to be an enjoyable game...