Driver problem with unknown device

Discussion in 'Windows Legacy Support (XP and earlier)' started by TimPoet, Jan 29, 2007.

1. TimPoet

TimPoet digitally confused

This has been showing up in Device Manager for a couple of weeks, it doesn't seem to be causing any operational difficulties, but what is it? My thumb drive? I don't think mine has drivers, I mean it came with True Crypt on a mini-cd but I don't recall any drivers on it.
    I recently replaced my thumb drive and didn't load any software with it since I already had True Crypt loaded.

Here's a pic of Dev Mgr

Attached Files:

2. EzyStvy

EzyStvy Ride 'em Cowboy Staff Member

Unknown Device Identifier 5.02

Freeware
    Unknown Device Identifier enables you to identify the yellow question mark labeled Unknown Devices in Device Manager. And reports you a detailed summary for the manufacturer name, OEM name, device type, device model and even the exact name of the unknown devices. With the collected information, you might contact your hardware manufacturer for support or search the Internet for the corresponding driver with a simple click. With this utility, you might immediately convert your unidentified unknown devices into identified known devices and find proper driver on the Internet and contact the hardware device manufacturer or vender. Known devices recognized by Microsoft Windows will also be analyzed independent of the operating system.

http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html

3. TimPoet

Yep, it seems to be my thumb drive. Dev Mgr actually says it has a driver (tffsport.sys), the device is actually called M-Systems DiskOnChip 2000. But it has some kind of problem whose solution I don't know.

Any help here?

EDIT:
    I betcha it's like that because I do not have the thumb drive hooked up to USB.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  4. rjfvillarosa

rjfvillarosa Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried uninstalling it in device manager?

5. TimPoet

Nope, guess it wouldn't hurt....

Hmmm, do you mean disable it, cuz I don't see an option to uninstall.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  6. rjfvillarosa

rjfvillarosa Moderator Staff Member

When you right click on the item itself, do you not get the option to uninstal it in the drop down menu?

7. TimPoet

Yeah, that did the trick.