Downloading You Tube Videos

Discussion in 'Home Theater and Automation' started by quartet-man, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quartet-man

quartet-man Saved by grace

How can I download a video from You Tube? This is one I have permission to use in church. What I need to do is put it on a laptop or burn it on a DVD to show through our projection system. Thanks.

2. Hi Ho

Hi Ho Certified Audio Nut

There are lots of options. There are quite a few Firefox plugins for this if you search the addons site. I have used a standalone program called Vdownloader and it works quite well. DVDFlick can burn a playable DVD from the videos.

MediaCoder can convert the video to just about any format you can imagine if you need to change the video format.

3. strollin

strollin

If you install RealPlayerSP, it will put a button on the YouTube viewer window that will allow you to download the video. RealPlayer will then be able to play the flash video or convert it to other video formats such as a Windows Media format which you could then play on your laptop.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  4. Force Flow

Force Flow Barefoot on the Moon! Staff Member

clipnabber.com (if you don't want an extra plugin) and video downloadHelper firefox plugin are two options I've used

5. samthjj67

samthjj67 Banned

Spam post removed by admin

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2010
  6. alexsithton

alexsithton

I second the firefox plugin "vdownloader"

You can also try this website: http://www.youddl.com - works well too.

7. juppy

juppy Professional Cow Tipper

8. quartet-man

quartet-man Saved by grace

I have or even had some of these and it looks like I have some other options. What I am really trying to do now is to get some flash ones downloaded. I have had no luck. I tried finding them in cache and think I did one, but I couldn't copy and paste it.

9. juppy

juppy Professional Cow Tipper

That's usually how I get them.....out of the cache. I use IE for doing this, so I couldn't tell ya where Firefox keeps it's cache at, but in IE you go Internet Options, under the General tab in Browsing History click Settings, and then click View Files. When the cache page comes up, right click out in a blank area (not on any specific file) and under Arrange Icons By, select Last Accessed. Then, go to the page with the video and let it load and run through completely. Don't load ANYTHING else at the same time. By having the Last Accessed option set, you can then go back to the cache area and the movie should be really close to the bottom of the list. (That's the purpose of not loading any other pages, because if the other pages are loaded AFTER your movie, the movie file will get shoved further up in all the other jumble of files above it instead of conveniently in the last couple of lines of files in the cache.) It's a simple copy/paste from there. If you aren't sure which file is it, just right click each file and select Properties; your movie will be a bigger file usually, around 2 or 3 MB at least (unless it's only a 30 second clip, then it might be smaller). Most other files in the cache aren't that big.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  10. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

Isn't it amazing how threads like this attract spammers? They register for the sole purpose of advertising their software. That's a big no-no here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.