dissappointed by UPS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yuanji, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Yuanji

Yuanji

i ordered my advance shipment RMA from western digital on the 22nd. it was shipped via UPS's 2nd day air shipping. it shouldve arrived last night or this morning as per the guarantee that UPS made on the 2nd day air shipping method "guaranteed to arrive by the end of the second buisness day". they had recieved it on the 23rd and so it shouldve gotten here yesterday. with fedex's 2nd day shipping, (both from CA) it arrived precisely 2nd day and right after labor day weekend too (not sure if it matters). i am truly dissappointed by UPS's service

2. rjfvillarosa

rjfvillarosa Moderator Staff Member

:D hahahahahahahaha you should try living down here in Puerto Rico, they claim to deliver to me by 3 day air international. two of my main suppliers are in California and I can track the orders online, The average delivery time is 7 days, for some reason they always stay 2 to 3 days in Memphis?? and please don't ask about Fedex coz they are worse :D :D :D

3. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

2nd day does NOT include Saturday or Sunday. If it's shipped on Thursday, you will get it Monday.

4. Yuanji

Yuanji

its not 2 day is 2nd day which is like we get it to you before the 2nd day ends. just mainly pissed off at stuff randomly
    edit-western digital sent it out on the 22nd and i think UPS got it on the 23rd

5. Tin

Tin Stereo junkie

Just North of Fort Pontchartrain du Détroit
    glc is right....UPS doesnt ship on the weekends ;).

6. Yuanji

Yuanji

darn you UPS and your cheapo ways! i wish western digital used FedEx

7. roomwithamoose

roomwithamoose

When I ordered all my parts for my computer a few months ago, most of them came from two or three different companies. My OS was coming from zipzoomfly.com, and was supposed to be the first one at my door. It took two weeks to get to me, and when I looked up the tracking, it said that the package was left on the truck TWICE, and it would be delivered ASAP. I called UPS to see if I could get something out of them (ie free vouchers or something), but they were punks and said "that's just the way it goes". What if that was my new heart in that box??????????

8. rjfvillarosa

rjfvillarosa Moderator Staff Member

I am not including weekends and the abundant federal or local holidays, shove all of that in the pot as well and you are talking more like 9 to 11 days

9. Hi Ho

Hi Ho Certified Audio Nut

FedEx doesn't ship on weekends either. The keyword there is business days. That does not include weekends or holidays. 2nd day air means second business day. In other words, as mentioned before, something that shipped on Thursday will arrive on Monday. It would be the same with FedEx.

10. SonicVanguard

SonicVanguard Audio/Video Expert

FedEx 2 day delivery does not include Saturday or Sunday either. And for next day Saturday deliver from either shipper you'll pay through the nose.

UPS is not cheap - if WD 'shipped' on the 22nd, you'd have gotten it on the 24th (Friday). But if WD didn't get it in UPS's hands by 3pm (cutoff for 2 day priority shipments to be sorted - next day cutoff is 6pm), you're shipment doesn't go out until the 23rd - so your shipment will be delivered on the 27th (Monday).

11. SonicVanguard

SonicVanguard Audio/Video Expert

Most likely that was zipzoomfly.com's fault. I'd bet they sent your shipment as a buisness address (it's cheaper that way) and it got on a truck that delivers to buisnesses in your specific area. If zipzoomfly.com had specified a residential address when labelling your package it would have gotten on the correct truck and you'd have gotten your package quicker.

It's happened to me before - we have a client who's office is out of his home. Well I didn't know that so we sent a reference master to his office not indicating a residential address. He got it a day later than expected and it threw his production timetable off. Of course now I know he's working out of his hame and have him in my UPS log as such.

Dave.

12. Yuanji

Yuanji

ahh ok ic so its the timing ok that makes me feel slightly better about the whole thing

13. RayH

RayH

I think I can pickup at FedEX on Saturday.