disabled floppy

Discussion in 'Windows Legacy Support (XP and earlier)' started by paeleo, Dec 29, 2004.

1. paeleo

paeleo

I am trying to help my sister regain her system. What I believe happened is this. She was trying to run a program from the a:\ drive that would enable her to boot to real dos mode on her winme system. Something did not work right and she tried to uninstall the program. The sys froze and she Crtl-Alt-Delete. When the system rebooted it stopped with an invalid disk error message. The floppy is disabled. I booted from the rescue cd and tried fdisk/mbr, set bios to boot from the h/d first but nothing I have tried works. Any help would be appreciated.

2. mc2phat

mc2phat Remember

Windows ME has System Restore. Press F8 repeatedly while it is booting, you should get a menu ; select system restore and let it do its thing.

3. paeleo

paeleo

Thanks for the reply. Turns out she fixed it herself. She booted from the cd, used the install option, and saw a menu item to save the info on the disk. I kept trying to fix it from the a: prompt. As an explanation(lame excuse), my Toshiba XP disc only lets me format the h/d, at least I think so.