Ccowards

Discussion in 'Contemporary Terrorism' started by daveric1, Feb 14, 2002.

1. daveric1

daveric1

All terrorists ARE COWARDS...Take the ira(Iwouldn'tgive them the grace 0f being an army) Anyone who kills a child and says "It'unfortunate" is a liar and a coward.
    The ira and gerry adams . are total cowards.You can't belong to an ordinisation ,and not know what they are doing.
    I could never kill a child, or shoot a young man(*who had nothing to live for ecxcept he hopes he joins the army0.BECAUSE TRHERE ARE NO JOBS.Stop killing women anmd children and our young sons. so so young sons. HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEEL

2. fred

fred

The greatest majority of IRA funding comes from misguided individuals in the US. I wonder if these individuals have changed their minds of late?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2002
  3. LawyerRon

LawyerRon The Gavel

Quote:
    "The greatest majority of IRA funding comes from misguided individuals in the US."

fred,
    The U.S. is a very big place with some very strange people.

4. pstj

pstj

I agree.

BUT, I REALLY don't want to start a debate, but... may I respectfully say that the US troops in Vietnam killed their share of INNOCENT children? And, surprisingly, the US military refuse, TODAY, to apologize to Vietnam... they regret, but do not apologize...

As I said, I don't want to insult anybody here...

pstj

5. SARGE

SARGE The Preacher Man

You already did...

6. pstj

pstj

Sarge,

I'm sorry if I insulted you. I don't have anything about the USA (well, almost...but nothing very serious ;) ). But I find it very frustrating when someone doesn't admit his (or her, but in this case it would be "its") mistake, and not apologizing to the Vietnamese for the US actions during the Vietnam War is ... stubborn, at least in my opinion. Now, I would like to make several things clear:

1- When I said "the US military refused to apologize" I did not intend to blame all of the military. Only the people in charge responsible for the decision;

2- I think America is right in its war against terrorism, at least in Afghanistan (who wouldn't?);

3- Sure, terrorists are coward...

I think I did not express myself correctly in the other post... I did not mean to say that US military are cowards, far from it (it's one, if not the one, of the most efficient army, after all?). I was just using a notorious example (i.e. Vietnam War) to say that everybody do stupid things, and that before saying "my god killing children is wrong" (which is entirely true) we should learn to recognize these things. And, before you mention it, I do realize that US troops are not blood-thirsty monsters...

Once agin, I'm sorry if I've insulted you. When I have something to say, I say it. Sometimes, however, I think I should be more careful on HOW I say it...

Maybe my other post was a mistake ...maybe.

I hope you understand what I meant,

pstj

7. whr2206

whr2206

well, be in their shoes during that war...lots of cazy things happen during war, the innocent will suffer, thats just a fact of life...

8. SARGE

SARGE The Preacher Man

whr, you're wise beyond your years. ;)

9. pstj

pstj

point taken.

10. KR0316

KR0316

PSTJ.......I am not saying killing children and innocents is right but you have to be in the military men's shoes at that time. There was alot of crazy stuff going on then in Vietnam including using the Vietnamese children as "suicide bombers".

11. pstj

pstj

I understand... I shouldn't have said what I said in this thread...

it's just than sometimes, I'm find it very ... how should I say that ... weird... yeah, weird is good (puzzling maybe?)...that the US did not apologize to the Vietnamese. I remember seeing a general on TV, just after the inauguration of the new US embassy in Vietnam. He said that the US shall never apologize for their actions, and that they were doing the right thing. How can someone be so sure that they were doing the right thing? I mean, it is not so hard to say "we were wrong," no?. I'm not saying that the US were the only one at fault, far from it...the Vietnam War was a nasty thing for everybody.

This "apology" thing goes for all nations... the British did some pretty nasty things... the French too (Algerian war)...in the past, the Canadian government wasn't always right with Natives. And each times, it seems as if governments have difficuties saying "we were wrong."

Am I being completely illogical? Should I shut up and stop saying things like that?:(

pstj

by the way, KR0316, I love your sig...

12. SARGE

SARGE The Preacher Man

Last edited: Feb 23, 2002
  13. pstj

pstj

hum. I see.

Sarge, it seems I've insulted you more than I thought. I mean, I'm really sorry you take that personally, I really am, but can you tell me what I have said to insult you directly? I have written a lenghty apology, and I have explained that I hadn't written things as they should be. KR0316 was perfectly right when he said "you have to be in the military men's shoes at that time."

pstj

14. pstj

pstj

Thanks for the link Sarge... I think I understand your point... but... I was not talking about "they" or "us." Did you think I was saying that the communists or the north vietnamese were right, and the US wrong? I hope not, because... that's not what I was saying...

15. SARGE

SARGE The Preacher Man