Car Audio

Discussion in 'Home Theater and Automation' started by Hi Ho, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Hi Ho

Hi Ho Certified Audio Nut

I have some excellent Altec Lansing speakers in my 95 Civic. They are some of the best after market car speakers I have heard. I want to buy some new speakers for my 90 Civic but Altec Lansing doesn't seem to make automotive speakers anymore. That's a shame. What are some great sounding speakers that aren't to expensive?

2. mr_spider3

mr_spider3

i would go with infinity, you could go to www.crutchfield.com, they have a lot of stuff on car audio.

3. Hi Ho

Thank you. I had been looking there at Infinity speakers. I quess I will have to go to a local store and try some out.

4. mr_spider3

mr_spider3

yeah my bro. has them in his car i think there called infinity perfect, and he hasnt had any problems with them, well actually there so good that it makes his door rattle even after he put insulation and foam in the door and tightened them down. if your looking for some bass but not woffers then get a midbass speaker, its like between a speaker and a woofer.

5. Hi Ho

I have the same problem with the Altec Lansing speakers in my 95 Civic. They are so good that the door panels rattle no matter what I do.

6. mr_spider3

mr_spider3

yeah i just got a 94 mustang a couple days ago but this is the first day i started it and its rattling the doors, i checked the manual and it said that i had 4 mid bass speakers, it sound great.

7. Hi Ho

I heard that Blaupunkt is a good brand of speakers. Has anyone heard these? They have some $40 ones on Crutchfield.

8. juppy

juppy Professional Cow Tipper

I know Blaupunkt head units are good, but I don't know about their speakers. I've heard some Infinity's and they sound good, but I've personally always stuck with Pioneer. Just personal preference really...that, and price. My brother used to keep blowing his front speakers in his Bronco, so for his birthday one year I went and got him a pair of 100W 6-inch rounds. He has yet to blow them, and after 8 years or so they're still playing great.

9. Hi Ho

I have some Pioneer speakers in my truck and they do sound good but they aren't the same as the Altec Lansing speakers. It could be the environment I guess. The truck has a hollow sheetmetal door and the car is much more confined.

10. LudeMaster98

LudeMaster98

Boston Acoustics!!!

seriously....best speakers I've heard in a while. I have them in both the front and rear with a hundred watt amp to each set. Wow! crystal clear and perfect bass response. A bit pricey I will admit, but if your a serious audiophile you won't regret them.

BA Pro Series 6.5 component w/ crossovers up front
    BA Pro 6x9 in rear