Can't get rid of cookies

Discussion in 'Windows OS Support (Vista and newer)' started by DaJG, Jul 27, 2013.

1. DaJG

DaJG

I usually keep 4 cookies on my computer & go through Internet Options to delete the excess but now I have about a dozen that were created on 7/9/013 around 3:pM that will not delete no matter what I do & I've tried Flash Cookie Cleaner but that list of cookies don't come up in it & I've gone through Explorer - User etc. trying to get to the cookie folder that way & even with "show all files" checked the cookie folder isn't there, is there a way to delete the unwanted cookies ? I have Windows 7 Home Premium which I'm less than thrilled with & seems to have a lot of annoying bugs & this is just 1 more. I can delete all the cookies after that date & time & the 1's I can't get rid of seem to be related to a web site for free picnic table plans.

2. mylaptop

mylaptop

Maybe try this

I was able to remove those problem cookies by un checking the "preserve favorite website data" box in the delete browsing history window under internet options from the tools menu drop down menu in Internet Explorer. I rechecked the box after a reboot and voila, no more irritating cookies

or try ccleaner

3. DaJG

DaJG

Thank you for your advice, I tried ccleaner & it got rid of everything I've been trying to get rid of plus other stuff I didn't know about but should've been gone a long time ago, thank you again.

4. mylaptop

mylaptop

Glad I could help.

5. David M

David M Techphile.

No need to recommend this guy.....
    [​IMG]

6. ice_top

ice_top

CCleaner is one of the best when not set to overkill. Unfortunately when you update it, it doesn't keep those preferences. (At least in my experience)