Cant get past Windows loading screen...

Discussion in 'Windows Legacy Support (XP and earlier)' started by root demon, Feb 23, 2007.

1. root demon

root demon

Feb 23, 2007
    New Jersey
    Hi, im having a problem with my computer. Whenever i turn my computer on everything goes fine untill i get to the loading screen where Windows is actually loading up and it just crashes and restarts and does the same thing over and over again. I reinstalled Windows and everything nothing seems to work. After it crashes it will restart and before it goes to the Windows loading screen it will tell me something about an unexpected shut down or something and it will ask me to pick from 1 of like 6 diffrent options consisting of "Start Windows in Safe Mode", "Start Windows with last known configuration that worked", and "Start Windows normally". Theres a couple others i cant remember them all but thats the screen i get and no matter which i boot Windows up in it will crash unless i boot it in Safe Mode. Thats the only way i can get on the computer. Any suggestions? This is really annoying me any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks.
  2. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

May 26, 2000
    Joplin MO
    Boot it in safe mode, go to control panel, system, advanced, startup and recovery - and UNcheck restart on error. It should bluescreen instead of rebooting, and the bluescreen will have clues.