Camcorder recommend

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr N8, Jul 6, 2002.

1. Mr N8

Mr N8

I've been looking to purchase a camcorder for ocassional use. I want an 8mm or hi8 camera. I have been looking for a little while, now, and have a good estimate of the price range. Samsungs tend to be the chapest, but are they any good? I don't want to spend a whole lot on one, but I don't want to get burned on one on ebay either. To get a guaranteed good camcorder there, you might as well buy a new one.

Anyway, I've also looked at some of the Canon and sony's. Any more recommendations?

2. Lord Prism

Lord Prism Sibak

Vote for a SONY model - DEFINATELY.

Good luck,

3. Mr N8

Mr N8

Thanks, looking at a sony handycam right now. I think I may go with that, but I'm still doing a little research.

4. Statica

Statica

Another vote for SONY camcorders. I've had a Canon that die on me within the space of a year; the Sony's are usually rather well featured, if you arent looking for bleeding edge technologies.

If you are going to get it from an electronics superstore, I would also like to recommend getting an extended warranty that would include a yearly cleaning .. its really worth it.

5. Mr N8

Mr N8

Thanks Statica. Do you know if Best Buy offers that? I won't do business with Circuit City, so that's out of the question.

6. Lord Prism

Lord Prism Sibak

Doing research on functions, features, useability, quality, and repair history (Consumer Reports) usually leads you to something Sony when it comes to Camcorders.