Budget Build

Discussion in 'Build Your Own PC' started by KQFan, Feb 5, 2012.

1. KQFan

KQFan

Will be my 3rd build. Last was LGA775 based in 2009. Still flies for what I throw at it.

Now I need a sub $500 machine that won't have much thrown at it either. Not based around any gaming and Photoshop probably most taxing thing used.

I have OS (Win 7) and monitor, need the rest.

See a preference for Z68 based NB but wonder if this is necessary for a true budget build. Prob won't use SSD cache on this machine, no overclocking, etc. Tempted to just buy a prebuilt Acer on Newegg but I'd rather have control.

Wanted to land on a motherboard first, so I wonder about:
    ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
    versus
    ASUS P8Z68-V LX LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Thanks for any comments to get me started.

2. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

3. KQFan

KQFan

Hey GLC, thanks for the granny (from the other thread) build specs! Actually that's just about all this build required. Replacing a Dimension 4400 with only 80gig that was 99% full, mostly of family iTunes stuff. 500gig should last for a while and it's all I want to spend with drive prices where they are.

Sometimes the forum is all gaming builds and it's hard to find specs on a celeron based run of the mill box.