audio trouble

Discussion in 'Home Theater and Automation' started by Cosmobeatnik, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Cosmobeatnik

Cosmobeatnik

Hello, I have two HP dc5750 machines that have audio trouble. The audio gets out of sync whenever I play a DVD. How do I correct this? I am currently running windows XP SP3.

Thank you - Scott

2. David M

David M Techphile.

The audio gets out of syc with what? ...a video?

While the video is playing, right click and see if you have an Audio option. Click Audio Time Shift and advance it or retard it. The units are in milliseconds where one second is equal to 1000 milliseconds.

If you cannot find the Audio option I described with your existing player then run this audio codec....
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Media_Player_Classic.htm

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  3. Cosmobeatnik

Cosmobeatnik

Hi David, I misstated my problem, the audio is choppy and not out of sync. Yes, this happens when I play a movie - sorry for the confusion.

-Scott

4. David M

David M Techphile.

Does your system have enough RAM? Have you checked in Task Manager/Performance to see how much RAM is being utilized?

Also try shutting down everything that you do not need that is running in the background. You may be short on system resources other than your RAM.

Which player are you using?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  5. Cosmobeatnik

Cosmobeatnik

I have an ADM Athlon Dual Core 2GHz with 2Gb of RAM.

Task manager reports about 40% CPU usage..

I am using the latest version of VLC..

6. ceh4702

ceh4702

I have a computer at home with 2 gigs of RAM and I have noticed sometimes I get these warnings about IE utilizing large amounts of RAM. It is pesky. Sometimes if you use the Media Center to play video you get better output. I tried this with a DVD and it seemed to be better. Dont know if this will help or not.