Accessibility Options not working

Discussion in 'Windows Legacy Support (XP and earlier)' started by john ranger, Mar 3, 2005.

1. john ranger

john ranger Banned

Dec 27, 2001
    Get Warning when CAPS Lock is turned on

Its happened to all of us at one time or another. The Caps lock is turned on accidently and you are typing away only to eventually notice that you are typing all CAPS. You then have to re-type it all. Well, there is a little method of flashing the active window whenever you tap the CAPS lock. To do so, go to your Control Panel and Accessibility Options. On the keyboard tab, check on the ToggleKeys option. Then go to the Sound tab and enabled SoundSentry. Choose "Flash Active Window" as you r visualization method. Apply your changes and hit OK. Then, go to a text editor and hit your CAPS lock. You will hear your PC make a little beep from the PC speaker as well as the window will flash.

I want to set this up but my (Accessibility Options) does not want to accept the check boxes. I check the box and press OK but it does not stay checked.

Can you help? thanks
  2. Stryker

Stryker It can never be too quiet

May 14, 2004
    Downtown Canada
    Just copy and paste the text into MS Word (if you have it) and do a Change Case... on the text. Then paste it back to where you were working in the first place.

I know... doesn't really solve your problem but it's an effective work-around. ;)
  3. TeenPcknowit

Mar 25, 2004
    Haha, thats what I always do whenever I hit the caps without realizing it. I suggest we just start looking at the screen more when we type. Sure, i'm used to looking at the keyboard when I type, and i'm really fast. But I can make a more accurate statement/message when i'm looking at the screen....just a liiil bit slower.