A Siebel Forum?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by edison, Oct 15, 2005.

1. edison

edison

Hello everyone,

Why don't we start off a section on Siebel, especially a development forum where we can share our ideas and also raise queries on development issues. Kindly share your suggestions on this,

Thanks,
    Ed.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
  2. EzyStvy

EzyStvy Computing Professor Staff Member

Since there are so many millions of different applications the site has to draw the line somewhere...Can use the General Software forum...

3. edison

edison

Ok thats fine. Do you know any good sites where we can get support info related to Siebel development. Kindly let me know,

Thanks,
    Ed.

4. Force Flow

Force Flow Barefoot on the Moon! Staff Member

I can't say I've ever heard of that software/language before.

5. David M

David M Techphile.

Siebel is Client/Server software that Oracle just bought. Siebel was doing very poorly financially.

"Now, the same thing that happened to PeopleSoft will happen to Siebel, it will die."...see below.

"Oracle put Siebel investors out of their misery today. We have been doing that for Siebel customers for years. Client/Server software is being consolidated by Oracle just as mainframe software was consolidated by Computer Associates. Oracle's strategy is simple. Instead of innovating, buy as much installed software as possible, call it all Oracle Fusion, and make sure it all uses Oracle's database. Now, the same thing that happened to PeopleSoft will happen to Siebel, it will die. Customers will look for new solutions and new providers. Employees will look for new employers. Siebel OnDemand, a joint venture between Siebel and IBM, will be the first to be buried. Now, the opportunity to be the global leader in the CRM market has opened for Salesforce.com. Our dream is becoming a reality as the world will move to new on demand solutions. Already the fastest growing public CRM company in the world, with over 50% market share in on-demand CRM, Salesforce.com is well poised to become the world's new global CRM leader." --Marc Benioff CEO of Salesforce.com in a statement to employees.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2005
  6. edison

edison

Hi

Oracle website mentions lifetime support for Siebel customers....So whatever that happened so spontaneously with PeopleSoft will not be happening with Siebel that easily anyway (at least for the time being!) :)

Just due to the fact that Siebel has 3.7 million end-users worldwide..end users @ IBM, HP, Deutsche Telekom, Cisco Systems, Microsoft, Sun Microsystems, and so on.

For details see http://www.siebel.com/crm-company/index.shtm

I would be glad if you could provide me some good web links associated with Siebel configuration and scripting.

Thanks
    Ed.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2006